Monday 1 January 2018

ALLONS PATINER (Lets go skating) - Case File 245 DT


HAPPY NEW YEAR
2018 ! Can you believe it!

A new year brings a new twist to the CSI challenge. http://csichallenge.blogspot.com
It allows for more of a freestyle take on the challenge. Take a look at the new and improved case file.


My layout is a combination of old and new rules. I kept the (5) Colours, although I varied them a bit, chose items from the list of Evidence, and chose a prompt from the Testimony.

Photo was found on Google images.


Colours
The five colours I picked from The Scene are:

Navy Blue: papers
White: Silhouette cut files (flourish & flowers), snowflake buttons, paint spatters
Light Blue: pattern paper, "fun" die-cut
Golden Yellow: Silhouette cut file (sign post), stamping ink, small hearts
Khaki Green: stamping ink (snowflakes)

Evidence
Polka dots, Stars, Winter elements, Architectural element, Distressing


Testimony
Document a winter activity

The translated journaling reads:

"It's been years since I've skated. I would like to change that. After Christmas I plan on getting some skates so that I can go skating with my grand-children on our frozen pond or at the municipal rink. I would love to rediscover the pleasure I had skating as a young child."



You can see how I used both my Silhouette and my stamps on this close-up.


...and my Silhouette to cut both the sign post and the title letters.




I've given myself some scrapbooking goals for 2018:
*Use my Silhouette as much as possible.
*Use at least (1) stamp of every layout.
*No spending except for glue.
*Stop comparing myself to others. I am not, and never will be, a mixed media artist.


I hope to see what YOU create this year. I would also love reading about your personal scrapbooking goals for 2018.

À la prochaine, Until next time,

Jacynthe ☺

3 comments:

  1. Jacynthe - what great scrapping goals! I completely relate to the last one & I think I'll steal it. =)

    LOVE this layout - the clean lines really appeal to me personally. The distressed layers are perfect here & I really like that title work. One of my goals should be to do more work with pens or markers on my layouts.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacynthe, this is so magical! I absolutely love your journaling...I can just feel your excitement about going skating with your sweet grandbabies! They will hold those memories so dear to their hearts! They are so blessed to have such a wonderful woman in their lives. I also love your scrapping goals--I could probably use all of those myself. Especially about the glue haha, and about being YOU as a scrapper. I think we all end up comparing ourselves to artists we love and feeling we fall short, but their work is their work, and only YOU can create the heartfelt layouts you create. I find myself drawn to mixed media layouts, but when it comes down to it the ones that I remember are the ones that have the most emotion and love in them. Those are the ones that really shine (and you do those to perfection). Hope you had a great holiday season and wishing you the best for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Jacynthe! You are off to a great start!!! Big hugs and stay warm....

    ReplyDelete