Tuesday 4 July 2017

CSI DT - FLOWERS

Another month brings a new case file at http://csichallenge.blogspot.com



I love the colours we were given to play with. That was the easy part. So were the items from the evidence list.


Colours: Carnation pink (Papers, flowers, fibers, letter stickers, and watercolours)
                Pale sage green (leaves)
                Sage green (watercolour and journaling strip)
                White (punched border and embossing powder)
                Light golden yellow (paper, button, and cheese cloth)

Evidence: Flowers, Leaves, Text print, cursive font lettering (journaling), and Watercolour


My challenge was the Testimony choices. I don't have a week-end ritual per se. The mental health prompts, or the inspiration words, did not work with the photos I had chosen. That left the Free Verse Poem. I thought I was in trouble for sure. But no, the way Free Verse poetry was explained made it easy to write the few lines I needed for my journaling.


 
 
 
 
I watch lots, and lots, of YouTube videos on mixed media. Since watercolour was one of the evidence items, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm quite happy with the results. And, I've had those Basic Grey fibers in my stash FOREVER. The colours were spot on, so why not.
 
 
 


 
 
 

I hope you'll stop by and check out the challenge. I'd love to see what YOU create.
 
Thank you for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may care to leave.
 
 
 
Bye for now. À la prochaine,
 
Jacynthe ☺
 

3 comments:

  1. I love thi layout, it's so girly and pretty. You did a great job with the free verse poem, it describes the LO perfectly and it tells us a lot about you and your relationship with your hubby! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! I adore your choice of papers, as well as the stencil work you did. Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous flowers and a gorgeous page, Jacynthe! Loved reading your journaling. My husband still gives me flowers and it's so thoughtful. Lucky lady you are! LOVE your background work and the softness added by the fluffy fibers--I always forget to use mine--thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete